Drop-In Class Rate: $20.00 + 1.60 (tax)
Monthly Rate (1 class per week): $60.00 + 3.60 (tax)
Monthly Rate (2 classes per week): $110.00 + 6.60 (tax)
Save big by paying in advance!
- 3 Months (1 class per week): $144.00 + 8.64 (tax)
- 3 months (2 classes per week): $265.00 + $15.90 (tax)
- Dancing with youngsters is one of my favorite things to do.
CREATIVE MOVEMENT FOR CHILDREN
NEW CHILDREN’S CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beginning September 8th
For girls and boys ages 6-10 every Thursdays 2:30-3:15pm.
The first classes in September and October will be outside.
Then we will move inside to the studio for November-May.
Dance, movement and choreography will be taught using structured improvisation. Dancers will discover their own unique, authentic, movements. Basic dance language and exercises will also be taught to give dancers a universal dance vocabulary. Dancers will learn to connect dance moves to create their own dances.
Dancers will perform in a dance recital in May.
If your son or daughter is creative and loves dance this is the perfect class for them.
Cost is $8/class. Inquire about discounts for multiple kids from the same family.
CALL NOW!!! Sarah to Reserve a spot and for more details and to . 319-594-6178.
This class is filling up fast.
There is only room for four to six more students in this class.
Don’t forget, we use the DanceAbility method so all of our dance classes are inclusive for a diverse bodies!
Dancing with youngsters is one of my favorite things to do. I have years of experience working with young children in a school setting and in the dance studio.
I can also come to your pre-school or after-school program and teach a one hour creative movement class. Children of all abilities are welcome to learn improvisation and choreography skills using games, toys, props and stories. Children will participate in creating dances that will be performed at a recital in the spring.
Danceability workshops are typically about 2.5 hours long, and include an introductory presentation, a dance class and a closing conversation.
- One Day Workshops are eight hours and sixteen hours, respectively. One day workshops begin on Saturday morning at 8:30 a.m. last until 12:00. After an hour break for lunch, we return at 1:00 and continue on until 4:30.
- Weekend Workshops are eight hours on Saturday and eight hours on Sunday, and exposing participants to a variety of dance exercises to integrate into their daily lifestyles. Weekend workshops are great for dance teachers and experienced dancers, as well as persons with disabilities.
Design a custom program: I will work with you to create a program. It could be a one hour class, one day a week for nine months with a traditional recital performance in the spring. Another option is that I can come three times a week for three to four months and we finish the program by having a dance show on a stage or a street parade out in the community. There are many different options. I will come to your college, transition center, day-hab, group home, youth center, senior center, studio, colleges and schools. Call me Sarah Furnish (319) 594- 6178 so that we can talk about what will work best for you and your clients, students or residents.